Follow these simple steps to successfully install your new picture styles on your Canon EOS camera:
1. Extract the .pf2 Picture Style files from your downloaded archive.
2. Make sure that you have Canon EOS Utility 2.6 or higher installed on your computer
3. Switch your camera ON and turn the wheel to “M” for manual.
4. Connect your DSLR using the USB cable that shipped with your camera.
5. Start the EOS Utility Software and choose “Camera settings/remote shooting“.
6. Click on “Register User defined style“
7. Select one of the three slots, click the folder icon and navigate to your Picture Style .pf2 file and select it.
8. Hit OK. Close the application, unplug your camera.
You can now select the installed picture style in your camera.
Installation for Video Mode (Optional)
In most cases the basic installation will automatically make the profiles available in your camera’s video mode but in case they’re not showing up follow the steps below:
- Do the basic installation as described above.
- Switch the camera to movie mode.
- Press the menu button and navigate to the picture style menu.
- Select the slot for the first/second or third custom picture style and press the DISP. button (or any other button that lets you adjust the settings).
- This takes you to a sub-menu where you can adjust the in-camera parameters for sharpness, contrast, saturation and color tone.
- At the very top of the page the base picture style can be selected from a dropdown list (in this example it says landscape: http://media.wiley.com/Lux/95/324795.image2.jpg). In your case the first Custom Style should be set to the custom profile you wish to install (where it says Standard in the picture choose your custom profile: http://media.wiley.com/Lux/97/324797.image4.jpg)